Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Greek-like Salad I Made Up

During the summer of 2007, I had a cucumber from the neighbor’s garden to use up. Cucumber is in fatoosh and I love fatoosh. So I made up this recipe that resembles fatoosh or some sort of Greek-ish salad. I don’t recall the amounts of each ingredient. I believe I gradually added them to the chopped cucumber until it looked like a good amount of each for my tastes.

It turned out quite good. I love the way feta cheese absorbs the dressing. Yum! The salad had a pretty strong flavor but I liked it that way. Using less dressing would have toned down the flavor.

1 cucumber
Red onion
Fresh parsley
Baby carrots
Feta cheese, crumbled (I bought a container of feta flavored with peppercorns and it was an awesome ‘extra’ in the salad)

Dressing: Extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice

Dice the cucumber, onion, carrots. Finely chop the parsley. Combine everything together along with feta. I made the dressing according to taste. I believe it was mostly olive oil and vinegar, with a little lemon juice.

Turned out yummy for my first made-up recipe!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds fantastical G! I want to try this one fo shizzle.

    ReplyDelete